Monday, October 17, 2011

Chocolates & Tattoos

Another birthday begins, number 38. To celebrate I will fill my day with the things I love.  I would like to do a little thrifting, maybe grab a cup of strong decaf & pick up a piece of my favorite chocolate (Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffle) at Coco Amatrice.

My Fella is closing down the tattoo shop to all customers (except for me) & I'm getting a very birthday appropriate piece inked. I've been thinking about this tattoo for the past year, it was inspired by one of my favorite artists, Leets.

She does these amazing fat pinups I adore, this one is proportioned just like me & see that gloriously giant slice of cake on her hip!?  I want one in the very same spot. So Chucky has drawn up his own slice for my hip ... it will go great with the cupcake & crossbones he did on my back a few years ago.
Precioso a photo by Leets on Flickr.
(I added in the leaves to cover her delicates as you never know who you may offend)

I cannot wait for it. You know that saying, "A carpenter's house is never finished; a mechanic's car never runs."? Well, a tattooist's wife is covered in half finished tattoos & has a huge folder filled with, "someday I'm gonna get this tattoo," tattoo ideas & rough sketches.

After the tattoo is finished we'll come home to hang with the dogs & bake some simple, Paleo-friendly, coconut flour honey-sweetened lemon cupcakes to take to my sister's house for dinner with the family later this evening.

On Tuesday we are going down to the city to see Ryan Adams, which is my main birthday excitement. I haven't seen him live in four years & I cannot wait to hear the new album live!

In other news, the Etsy shop is picking up, I posted my first items on August 23 & have so far sold 47.  It's a lot of hard work, a lot of tiny mistakes & lessons learned, but I have so much fun at it & the customers seem truly delighted by their vintage treasures. That makes me incredibly happy ... I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the value in these things.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Fellow Libra!

    Love the tattoo! I can only imagine being married to a tattoo artist and I think I would be covered in half-finished ones too! I am always thinking up new ones I want to get (like a Day of the Dead dog one I love, vintage swallows, a tree...)

    Also, love Ryan Adams!

    Can't wait to check out your shop. We have very similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete