Friday, October 14, 2011

Going Up The Country

We took a trip up the Feather River canyon for a camp out with my family ... an end of summer celebration.  Some days I really wish we lived closer to a large city with options for museums & music shows & the like, but living out in the middle of nowhere has its advantages.  No close neighbors or freeways, super starry night skies, twenty minute drives up the canyon that yield so much secluded goodness.

<3 getting away ... even for a moment.


It was such a necessary breather, I sometimes (if this makes sense to anyone but me) get so caught up in my life that I forget to actually live it.  I am working on getting better at that.


A handsome travel companion doesn't hurt.
My husband Chucky & I have three large dogs so staying the whole weekend wasn't an option, but we had a lovely time of it anyhow.  I have been so busy lately getting Bliss&Vinegar going over at Etsy that I haven't had much time for anything else.  It is more work than most would expect, but I love it.  I researched for almost a year while I built up enough inventory to feel comfortable with adding items to the shop.

I kept an online diary for 7 years, but getting married in 2008 brought new responsibilities & usurpers of my time.  I have been wanting to start up a new blog for a while now & decided that opening my Etsy store was the perfect time to get it going.  Slow going ... but headed in the right direction.

I would eventually like to post my thrift hauls here & link up with Apron Thrift Girl & other such blogs as I find peeking at other people's vintage finds fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment